Apple Watch Ultra 2 Overview
Apple Watch Ultra 2, bringing new features to Apple’s most capable and rugged smartwatch, and achieving a significant environmental milestone. Offers all of the features users love about Ultra, plus the powerful new S9 SiP, a magical new double tap gesture. Apple’s brightest display ever, expanded altitude range, on-device Siri, Precision Finding for iPhone. And advanced capabilities for water adventures. Apple Watch Ultra 2 runs watchOS 10, which delivers redesigned apps, the new Smart Stack, new cycling experiences. Features to help explore the outdoors, and a new watch face — Modular Ultra. With all the new advancements, Apple Watch Ultra 2 has the same 36-hour battery life with regular use and up to 72 hours in Low Power Mode.
For the first time, customers can choose a carbon neutral option of any Apple Watch. Representing a significant milestone toward Apple 2030. Apple’s plan to be carbon neutral across its entire business, manufacturing supply chain, and product life cycle by 2030.
This year we’ve made our most rugged and capable Apple Watch even better,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer. “Apple Watch Ultra 2 is our most advanced Apple Watch, with great performance and feature updates. It’s perfect for anyone who wants our biggest, brightest display, longest battery life, and best GPS of any Apple Watch, all in a stunning design.”
Powerful New S9 SiP
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is powered by custom Apple silicon in the all-new S9 SiP. Apple’s most powerful watch chip yet delivers systemwide improvements and brand-new features. Including a new double tap gesture and on-device Siri with the ability to access and log health data privately and securely. Apple Watch Ultra 2 also has a new 4-core Neural Engine that can process machine learning tasks up to twice as fast as the original Apple Watch Ultra.
Double Tap Gesture
Innovations such as the Digital Crown and Taptic Engine — along with gestures like tap, swipe, wrist raise, and cover to mute — make Apple Watch simple and intuitive to use. With a new double tap gesture. Users can easily control Apple Watch Ultra 2 using just one hand and without touching the display. Users can tap the index finger and thumb of their watch hand together twice to quickly. And conveniently perform many of the most common actions on Apple Watch Ultra 2. Double tap will also open the Smart Stack from the watch face. And another double tap will scroll through widgets in the stack
Double tap controls the primary button in an app so it can be used to stop a timer, play and pause music, or snooze an alarm. The gesture can be used to answer and end a phone call. Take a photo with the Camera Remote on Apple Watch. Or even switch to the new Elevation view in the Compass app to see the relative elevation of saved waypoints.
The new double tap gesture is enabled by the faster Neural Engine in Apple Watch Ultra 2. Which processes data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and optical heart sensor with a new machine learning algorithm. The algorithm detects the unique signature of tiny wrist movements and changes in blood flow when the index finger and thumb perform a double tap. The double tap gesture will be available in a software update next month
A new advanced display architecture pushes the maximum brightness of Apple Watch Ultra 2 to 3000 nits . 50 percent brighter than the first generation of Apple Watch Ultra and the brightest display Apple has ever designed . For greater readability in harsh sunlight. For dark rooms or early mornings. The display can also lower to just one nit so as not to disturb people close by. Flashlight also benefits from the new display architecture; rotating the Digital Crown temporarily doubles the brightness to better light the way.
Featuring watchOS 10
Runs watchOS 10, a milestone update that includes:
- A fresh approach to quickly view information with redesigned apps and a new Smart Stack to show relevant widgets right when they’re needed.
- Delightful new watch faces in addition to the new Modular Ultra face: Snoopy, Palette, Solar Analog, and Nike Globe.
- Night Mode now uses the ambient light sensor to automatically activate in the dark.
- Bluetooth connectivity for power meters, speed sensors, and cadence sensors arrives for cyclists, unlocking new metrics and Workout Views, and cycling workouts. Power Zones help users get the most out of training.
- Cycling workouts can automatically show up as a Live Activity on iPhone and can utilize the full screen when tapped.
- The updated Compass app displays current elevation in real time and includes a 3D view of waypoints showing relative elevation.
- New topographic maps in the Maps app show important details like points of interest and trailheads, and provide helpful details such as hill shading, contour lines, elevation, and cellular and Emergency SOS waypoints.
- Additional tools to support mental health with state of mind logging in the Mindfulness app.
- The ability to measure time spent in daylight using the ambient light sensor to help reduce the risk of myopia.
Buy Apple Watch Ultra 2 at the best price online in Kenya from Gadget Central Ltd.