Compact, capable, and connected, the Nikon D5600 is a sleek DSLR that blends multimedia imaging capabilities with versatile wireless technology. Centered around a 24.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, the camera offers a sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 to benefit working in an array of lighting conditions, and the sensor and processor combination also supports continuous shooting up to 5 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supports up to 60 fps, and time-lapse movies can be created in-camera, too.
While slender in stature, the D5600 does feature a large 3.2″ 1.037m-dot rear LCD touchscreen, and utilizes a vari-angle design to better facilitate working from high and low shooting angles. Additionally, SnapBridge is also featured, which can utilize Bluetooth low energy technology for wireless sharing of photos to your mobile device, including automatic transferring of resized images between the camera and your mobile device for seamless online sharing. Wi-Fi with NFC is featured, too, for larger file transfers, such as movies, to a linked device.
24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
In addition to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi with NFC is also available, and allows for wirelessly sharing both full-resolution photos and movies to smartphones or tablets. SnapBridge will automatically switch between the two technologies for a seamless wireless workflow.
Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
- Rear 3.2″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD serves as an intuitive means for navigating settings menus and playback, as well as when shooting in live view. The screen also uses a vari-angle design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Eye-level pentamirror optical viewfinder provides a natural means for composing stills.
- The rear touchscreen can be used while shooting with the optical viewfinder, and allows you to choose the focus point or adjust exposure settings. Additionally, during playback, the touchscreen enables navigating your imagery using a frame advance bar for quickly scrolling through numerous photos and movies.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash.
Full HD Movie Recording
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a 3.5mm microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
Additionally, Time-Lapse Movie recording is also supported for producing creative portrayals of subjects changing over periods of time. This mode will automatically format your image sequences into movie files for seamless playback.
AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
Other Camera Features
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food
- Special effects modes: Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Picture Control modes: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat, and Custom.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor’s power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.