Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera Description
Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera is designed for those who crave detail. Featuring a 61MP full-frame sensor, all-new AI-based autofocus system with advanced subject recognition, 8K video recording, and 8-stop image stabilization, the fifth-generation a7R is reliable and well-rounded for both photography and video applications.
A whole new level of camera intelligence
State-of-the-art AI processing uses detailed information about human forms and postures to dramatically improve the camera’s subject recognition accuracy and make full use of its potential resolution. Also, subject recognition has been expanded to include a number of new subject types, including vehicles and insects.
Exmor R BSI Sensor and BIONZ XR Processor
Featuring a back-illuminated design, this full-frame 61MP Exmor R CMOS sensor offers a mixture of incredible resolution with high clarity, low noise, and a wide 15-stop dynamic range.
Improved Processing Engine
A new BIONZ XR processing engine offers up to 8x greater processing performance compared to previous generations. Which enables faster overall performance, impressive image quality with wide sensitivity and dynamic ranges. And more fluent processing that’s capable of handling a bevy of AI tasks and intelligent AF alongside imaging processes.
This processing system also reduces rolling shutter and other motion distortions for clean rendering of moving subjects. In terms of shooting speeds, the sensor and processor enable up to 10 fps shooting. At full resolution with a mechanical shutter, for up to 583 consecutive compressed raw frames, with full-time AF/AE. If shooting JPEG only, more than 1000 frames can be recorded in a single burst.
Updated 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Updated for the a7R V, the in-body image stabilization system has been revised to support up to 8 stops of camera shake compensation. This 5-axis stabilization system combines a high-performance gyro sensor with an optimized algorithm. For more precise shake control and improved communication between the camera body and lens.
- Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilization methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera.
Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
This unique compositing mode allows you to achieve even greater resolution than the 61MP sensor affords. Working in conjunction with the sensor-shift image stabilization, this mode shifts the sensor while making 16 consecutive exposures in order to acquire approximately 240.8MP of information for greater color accuracy and detail than possible with a single exposure, along with an impressive image size of 19,008 x 12,672-pixels. These files can then be merged together during post-production by using the Sony Imaging software suite.
Accurate Exposure and Color
New auto-exposure algorithm can detect skin area in faces in order to more accurately balance exposures for portraits. This AE method is approximately 20% more reliable, even in backlit or direct sunlight situations, or even when the subject is not directly facing the camera.
Deep learning technology, along with external visible light and IR sensors, also contributes to more accurate color reproduction and auto white balance processing.
AI Processing Unit
- Human, which tracks body and head positions for accurate portraits.
- Animal, Bird, and Animal/Bird modes are now 40% more accurate for tracking and recognizing a variety of animal types. Recognition of these subjects includes dogs, cats, birds and more, with the ability to pinpoint focus on eyes and recognize animal bodies and heads.
- Insect recognition offers even finer performance with the ability to detect the head or entire insect subject.
- Car/Train and Airplane recognition means the camera can detect the front part of a train, nose of an airplane, or easily detect the entire fast-moving subject.
Advanced Fast Hybrid AF
- Covering 79% of the full-frame image area, or 100% of the APS-C cropped area, a Fast Hybrid AF system incorporates a dense 693 phase-detection point grid for quick and precise focusing in a variety of lighting conditions with sensitivity down to -4 EV. This focusing system is available for use in all recording modes, to benefit both video and stills applications.
- Full-time DMF (Direct Manual Focus) enables using the lens’s focus ring for manual focus control at any time, making it easier to switch focus to a different subject even when working with AF.
- For photographic moving subjects, this AF system keeps up with the top 10 fps continuous shooting speeds. Offering full-time AF tracking between each consecutive frame.
- In-camera Focus Bracketing is possible, with the ability to record up to 299 frames. With sequentially shifted focus points for creating composite images during post-production with greater-than-possible depth of field.
AF During Video Recording
- Real-time Eye AF is fully supported during video recording, for subject detection and tracking of human, animal, and bird eyes while shooting.
- Focus Map is a unique way of visualizing depth of field and functions in a similar way to peaking with a colorful overlay of the scene that indicates which parts of the scene are in front of and behind the focus point depending on the chosen aperture.
- A feature carried over from the FX6 digital cine camera, AF Assist lets you intuitively switch over to manual focus control for adjusting focus position when working with AF. This is a quick way to shift selective focus between various subjects in a scene while recording.
- A unique solution to compensate for how certain lenses perform when racking focus. Focus Breathing compensation will automatically smooth focus transitions and maintain a consistent field of view when changing the focus position during a shot. This mode crops into the image slightly and corrects for any detected shifts in composition when focusing is happening. This function is compatible with select E-mount lenses.
8K 24p and 4K 60p Support
- Making use of the high-resolution sensor and fast processing capabilities UHD 8K 24p and UHD 4K 60p XAVC HS 10-bit video recording is possible using the full width of the sensor with full pixel readout for impressive sharpness and realism.
- Raw output is supported at up to 4K 60p and simultaneous internal 4K recording is possible, too.
- The a7R V employs a pair of codecs to suit different workflows: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding. To retain more detail at smaller bitrates and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at higher bitrates.
- If recording in Full HD, high-speed, 120 fps recording enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording. With the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p.
- No recording time limit allows for unlimited clip lengths and the camera’s physical design features. An improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times.
Advanced Color Control
- This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the you can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more.
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space. For recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing a 15+-stop dynamic range. With increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera Body Design and Connectivity
9.44m-Dot EVF and 4-Axis Multi-Angle LCD
- Sporting a new, more functional LCD design, the a7R V has a 4-axis multi-angle LCD monitor. That combines the best assets of both tilting and side-open/flip-out vari-angle designs.
- This 3.2″ 2.1m-dot LCD also has a touchscreen design and a DCI-P3 wide gamut for accurate color monitoring.
- An impressive QXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a high 9.44m-dot resolution and 0.9x magnification for exceptionally bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing.
- The EVF permits 120 fps playback for smooth motion rendering and the finder’s. Physical design has a long 25mm eye point, 41° field of view, and features a fluorine coating on the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
Versatile and Durable Design
- Dual memory card slots both accept either CFexpress Type A or SD-type memory cards.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Which provides approximately 440 shots/90 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 530 shots/100 minutes of recording per charge when using the rear LCD.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight.
Ports and Interface
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit. Which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending
Buy Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera at the best price online in Kenya from Gadget Central Ltd.