Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera with 24-105mm f/4 Lens
Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera with 24-105mm f/4 Lens pairs a redeveloped lens mount and updated full-frame image sensor for a unique and sophisticated multimedia camera system. Revolving around the new RF lens mount, the EOS R is poised to be the means from which to make the most of a new series of lenses and optical technologies.
Focusing on the camera itself, the EOS R features a high-resolution 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor along with a DIGIC 8 image processor. The combination of these technologies offers a wide sensitivity range up to a native ISO 40000, fast continuous shooting to 8 fps, and UHD 4K30 video recording. In addition to imaging, the sensor also facilitates an advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, which uses 5655 selectable points for quickly and accurately acquiring focus. This focusing system is also sensitive down to EV -6 for working in impressively dark conditions. The AF system is also perfectly matched to the UHD 4K video recording capabilities, which are also rounded out by Movie Digital IS to minimize camera shake, built-in Canon Log gamma for a greater dynamic range, and 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 output over HDMI for even greater color control.
Beyond the performance attributes, this camera has been designed from the ground up and features a high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear and bright eye-level viewing. Conversely, a rear 3.15″ 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen is also featured, and has a swivel design to suit working from high and low angles. Also catering to the tactile cravings is a Multi-Function bar, which is customizable for intuitively adjusting shooting settings. And as a camera built to withstand the toughest environments, the magnesium alloy body is dust and moisture-sealed.
Canon RF Lens Mount
Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera with 24-105mm f/4 Lens Features
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
UHD 4K Video Recording and Canon Log Gamma
Designed for multimedia image-maker, the EOS R supports UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution recording at up to 30 fps at 480 Mb/s. Along with Full HD 1080p shooting at 60 fps and HD 720p at 120 fps for slow motion playback. When recording in-camera, 4K video has 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit color depth. A 4:2:2 10-bit clean output in ITU-R CT.2020 is possible when using an external recorder.
Integrated Canon Log also allows users to capture flat images with an improved dynamic range of 800%, or 12 stops. This function makes it easier to match cameras in post-production. As well as provides the most latitude and potential for color grading. For monitoring, a View Assist function is available, which emulates a graded look for more accurate viewing on the camera’s LCD.
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone. Or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack.
Dual Pixel RAW
- Integrated 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has 0.71x magnification and affords a bright and clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.15″ 2.1m-dot LCD features a swivel design for easier use when working from high, low. And front-facing angles. It is also a touchscreen for intuitive control over shooting, playback, and menu navigation controls.
- Top panel incorporates a dot-matrix LCD, which provides quick access to important camera settings.
- One SD memory card slot featured, and supports the UHS-II protocol for faster read and write speeds to better support 4K video recording and fast continuous shooting.
- Magnesium alloy body design is lightweight, durable, and features dust- and water-resistant seals for use in a variety of weather conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity enable wireless sharing, control. And image transfer with a compatible smart device via the Canon Camera Connect app. Which also supports geotagging your files using your mobile device’s location data.
- Included LP-E6N rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 430 shots per charge. And in-camera charging is supported via the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter. This camera is also compatible with the LP-E6 battery, however is not supported for in-camera charging.
Other Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera Features
- Digital Lens Optimizer helps to minimize the appearance of various optical aberrations in-camera. Including diffraction, for cleaner image quality.
- Multi shot noise reduction technology records four sequential exposures and then combines them in-camera to produce an image with smoother tones and lower noise to suit long exposure images.
- Images can be saved as Compact Raw (C-RAW / .CR3) files, which offer smaller file sizes for faster post-processing.
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, and Japanese.
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
Prized for its versatility, the RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM from Canon is a wide-angle to short telephoto zoom. Characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture. Benefitting image quality, the advanced optical design features a Super Spectra Coating. Which helps to suppress ghosting and flare in order to improve contrast and color accuracy when working in bright and backlit conditions. Ideal for both photo and video applications. This lens also incorporates a Nano USM autofocus motor, which delivers quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance.