Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 Lens Nikon Description
Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 Lens Nikon enhances this wide zoom with sophisticated optics, focusing, and image stabilization. Helping to realize sharp, clear imagery, the optical design incorporates aspherical and low dispersion glass elements to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. A trio of coatings—AX, eBAND, and BBAR—have also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions.
Benefitting the optical assets, performance and handling is enhanced through the use of dual MPUs (Micro-Processing Unit), which ensure fast and reliable image stabilization and autofocus. Vibration Compensation accounts for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake. To result in sharper images when shooting handheld at slower shutter speeds. Conversely, a USD motor provides quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the lens body is weather-sealed and moisture resistant.
Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 Lens Nikon Features
- Ultra-wide zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras. However can also be used with DX models where it provides a 22.5-45mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Three LD elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit color fringing. And also chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color fidelity.
- Two glass-molded aspherical elements and one XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element help to reduce spherical aberrations. And also distortion throughout the zoom range to deliver notable sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An AX coating has been to the convex surface of large. A curved elements and both eBAND and BBAR coatings have also been applied to individual elements to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects.
- Dual dedicated MPUs (Micro-Processing Unit) are used—one for autofocus. One for VC—to ensure fast, responsive focusing and stabilization performance.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions. And a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.